Medicaid’s “Caregiver Child Exception”- Does My Parent Qualify to Transfer Their Home If I Take Care of Them?- Part 1

Posted in NJ Medicaid

By Fredrick P. Niemann, Esq. of Hanlon Niemann & Wright, a Freehold, NJ Medicaid Attorney
As a faithful son or daughter of a parent who is of ill health, you want to be able to be there for your parent when they need you the most, as they were once there for you.  It’s your way of giving back to your family that made you into the person you are.  If you are someone who lives with your parents and takes care of them as they decline in health, you may be in luck to help your loved one become possibly eligible for Medicaid quicker if there is a need in the future to send your parents to a nursing home.
As mentioned in my earlier blogs, normally, under Medicaid’s regulations, a transfer of assets is a gift when made below the fair market …
Go to Source