AUGUSTA, Maine —
Advocates for Medicaid expansion in Maine said Tuesday that the state has filed an expansion plan with the federal government.
The move comes after last month’s decision by the Maine Supreme Court to dismiss an appeal by the LePage administration of court orders requiring Maine to file paperwork to seek federal funding for expansion.
The justices said those orders are in effect.
Medicaid expansion supporters told WMTW News 8 political reporter Paul Merrill that the Maine Department of Human Services filed the expansion plan Tuesday.
Mainers voted last November voted to allow adults under age 65 with incomes at or below 138 percent of the federal poverty line to apply for Medicaid coverage starting July 2.